Position overview: The Summer Finance & HR Intern will work directly with our Finance/Human Resources team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School by supporting with end-of-school-year projects and preparing the next school year. The Summer Finance Intern will be hands-on, learning and doing what it takes to run an excellent school by working alongside the school’s Leadership and Finance/HR team in anticipation for the new school year.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and the Business Manager in audit preparation and end-of-year reports
- Research potential vendors, place orders and manage meticulous records
- File, update and organize records
- Conduct Software Platform research to automate processes and increase efficiency.
- Assist with on-boarding paperwork and orientation of new staff
- Minimum of two years of undergraduate program complete
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Integrity in handling sensitive/confidential information
- Excellent time management and operational skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to incorporate feedback
Duration: Internship opportunities are available to begin as early as possible as of May 1st, 2021, with end dates of September 30th and October 31st, 2021. Start-date and end-date are flexible. Interns work a full time schedule of 40 hours per week.
Compensation and benefits: Finance Interns are paid $17 per hour.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a separate document which includes the answers to the questions below in the form below. Only applications with all three components will be considered.
- Give an example of a time you were in a position of leadership. What were your greatest strengths and weaknesses in that role?
- What type of work environment do you thrive in most? Why?
- Describe a situation in which you had difficulty with a supervisor, co-worker, or peer. How did you navigate the situation?
- Please indicate the tentative dates that you are available for the internship.
Deadlines and notifications: TEP is currently accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Applicants who will be invited to continue in the process will hear from TEP within four weeks of application submission.