The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statementhttps://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Advanced Sales Supervisor acts as the primary contact for photo shoots and implements all Tessitura related functions for rental events, school tours, and gift processing.
- Acts as the primary contact for photo shoots and implements all Tessitura related functions for rental events, school tours, and gift processing. Processes Ticket sales, Membership, complementary tickets, and guest passes. Responsible for distribution of tickets and passes as needed. Acts as a liaison between advanced sales, education, special events, membership, and development departments.
- Supervises Advance Sales while ensuring compliance with all PCI-DSS and Cash handling procedures. Assists in the hiring, training, and supervising of Advanced Sales staff. Reinforces sales training and makes sure staff is promoting programs & activities identified by the Admissions Manager.
- Assists Advance Sales associates with Switchboard, Ticket sales, and Membership processing issues. Makes decisions regarding policy and customer service in the absence of the Admissions Manager. Responds to customer concerns and complaints, escalates to Admissions Manager as needed.
- Acts as shift supervisor on Sundays, and as needed, for Admissions functions such as opening and closing; verifying cash drawers; troubleshooting for staff and customer issues; provide secondary cash counts for closing drawers and assist with investigating cash count discrepancies in the absence of the Admission Manager. Serves as back-up Admissions Associate, to include membership desk, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively train and direct the work of others.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of applicable computer application and basic computer functions to include Microsoft Outlook.
- Skill in assessment and treatment of persons from diverse populations.
- Experience with Tessitura or similar ticketing systems.
- Experience in hospitality and customer service.
- Experience handling and counting cash.
- Experience using databases such as CRM.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will be up to low $30,000 range based on the education, skills, and experience of the selected candidate. Find out more about our benefits under the “FSU Total Rewards” section.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University. For questions related to soft money funded roles contact Ringling HR at email@example.com or at 941-359-5700 x 2605.
Sunday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with a half hour lunch period.
The incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, special events, or holidays based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans’ Preference, click here or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans’ Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.