Job Title: Museum Housekeepers (Three Vacancies)
JOB ID #: 49610
Learn more and apply at: https://ringling.org/employment.
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
Museum Housekeepers play a vital role as a members of the Museum Housekeeping Team performing custodial tasks such as floor maintenance, public restrooms cleaning and stocking, mopping, dusting, and more.
· Clean and sanitize public and employee restrooms throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex, including washing down restroom walls, restocking supplies of tissue, towels, and hand soap.
· Removes trash, cleans blinds, vacuums, dusts, polishes, dust-mops, and mops office and public areas.
· Strips, mops, spray buffs, and finishes a variety of different floor surfaces through the Sarasota Campus Complex.
· Completes assigned daily tasks in campus venue to include responding to service calls, emptying and transporting recycling, and stocking custodial closets according to supply request sheets or as needed.
· Performs custodial maintenance projects. Cleans areas as designated after special events.
· Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66 acre campus to deliver supplies, carry equipment, clear trash from Sarasota Campus Complex grounds, and clean exterior surfaces.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Completion of 9th grade education or higher. (Due to the working hours of this role and the need to drive a golf cart, candidates must be 18 years of age or older.)
· Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to adhere to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior.
· Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to safely operate machinery, tools, equipment and materials used in custodial work. Please note all training will be provided by The Ringling.
· Ability to identify safety hazards and necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
· Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include moving objects up to 45lbs (water jugs), working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs, standing and walking for extended periods.
· Previous custodial experience.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
The rate of pay is $25,056 annually ($12 per hour).
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs. Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
- Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM (1 vacancy available)
- Sunday through Thursday 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM (2 vacancies available)
While the primary working hours are outlined above, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and special events.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu (search under keyword “Ringling”).
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such service members and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its political subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Veterans’ Preference applies to University Support Personnel System (USPS) positions only.
IMPORTANT: To claim Veterans’ Preference, select “yes” to the question on the application questionnaire and upload a DD-214 (or equivalent), the Veterans’ Preference Certification form, and other documentation if applicable with your online application before midnight of the position closing date.