Job Title: Part-Time Event Custodian
JOB ID #: 49269
Learn more and apply at: https://ringling.org/employment.
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Event Custodian is responsible for cleaning areas throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex as designated during special events to include:
· Sanitizing high touch areas to such as doors, hand rails, countertops, glass, and Plexiglas dividers.
· Cleaning and sanitizing public and employee restrooms to include: Washing down restroom walls, restocking supplies of tissues, towels, and hand soap.
· Removing trash throughout events, cleaning glass breakage as it occurs, and responding to custodial calls in general during events.
· Fulfilling custodial requests as needed, such as delivering packages, water bottles, supplies or equipment.
· Cleaning designated area after events to ensure campus is ready to reopen to the public the following day.
· Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66 acre campus to deliver supplies and carry equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.
Please note that while these position report to the Custodial Supervisor, direction and tasks will be assigned by The Ringling Event Coordinator during events.
- Completion of 9th grade education or higher.
- Please note due to the working hours of this role and the need to drive a golfcart, candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possession of valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include moving objects up to 45 lbs. (large water jugs), working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs, and standing and walking for extended periods.
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures of custodial work.
- Knowledge of and ability to identify safety hazards and necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 5:00 pm through event clean-up.
Skills listed below would be helpful in this role, but are not required for hire. Please note, all training will be provided by The Ringling.
- Previous experience with custodial equipment such as floor buffers, carpet shampooers, Kaivac cleaning system, and riding and/or walk behind floor scrubbers.
- Previous experience working in similar environments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$13.00 per hour.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
Primary working hours will vary based on the needs of The Ringling. Hours will range from as early as 10:00 AM to as late as 11:30 PM (about 24 hours a week).
The schedule will vary based on events and will require working a flexible schedule to include days, weekends, and special events based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu (search under keyword “Ringling”).
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees who meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit the Benefits website and click on Employee Insurance Eligibility.
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as “temporary,” please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.