Job Title: Part-Time Museum Attendant (2:00PM to 10:30PM)
JOB ID #: 49249
Learn more and apply at: https://ringling.org/employment.
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
This role works in a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on The Ringling’s grounds, including The Asolo Repertory Theater.
· Patrolling buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart.
· Maintaining the safety of all staff and visitors.
· Protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
· Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
· High school diploma/equivalent required.
· Customer Service skills in assisting visitors and patrons of the museum by providing direction to various locations of the buildings and or grounds and answering general questions, as needed.
· Experience in handling and addressing policy violations and conflict resolution.
· Ability to utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders, as needed.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply campus rules and regulations related to work performed.
· A valid driver’s license is required. Note: Learner’s Permits are not acceptable.
· Experience in a museum, cultural institution, or non-profit organization.
· Prior experience in approaching work and interaction with colleagues and/or students in an equity-minded manner.
· Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
The rate of pay is $13.50 per hour.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
Bi-Weekly, rotating schedule will be as follows:
· Week 1: Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, & Wednesday from 2:00PM to 10:30PM.
· Week 2: Friday, Monday, & Thursday from 2:00PM to 10:30PM.
Please note that days, weekends, special events, or holidays may be required based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu (search under keyword “Ringling”).
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees who meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit the Benefits website and click on Employee Insurance Eligibility.
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as “temporary,” please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.