The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statementhttps://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
As the Second Shift Security Supervisor for The Ringling Center for the Arts, the incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of all employees, volunteers, and visitors. The incumbent is also responsible for the protection of the Ringling collection and historic buildings and associated facilities as well as to provide quality customer service and security duties in accordance with written security operating guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for all security operations and personnel on campus during the Second shift. Ensures that security staff follows the Security Operating Guidelines. Patrols the campus and guards against theft, vandalism, and other occurrences, potential or actual, which could result in loss or damage to the collection. Ensures routine inspections of all posts/venues. Utilizes a golf cart, multiline telephone, and two-way radio. Monitors parking areas and surrounding exterior areas of venues. Prepares written reports. Ensures continuity of operations between shifts through communication with first and third-shift Security Supervisors. Ensures proper staffing of and serves as backup operator for the Surveillance Operation Center.
- Supervises and monitors the performance of security personnel in their duties and assists when necessary. Makes recommendations/decisions on applicant selection and hiring, employee salary adjustments, discipline, termination, and performance evaluations. Trains and instructs Security Guards and Museum Attendants in processes and procedures. Initiates important communications with employees either verbally or in writing. This may include policy changes, day-to-day operations, significant news related to FSU and/or The Ringling Museum of Art. Schedules second shift personnel, monitors attendance, and reviews and approves times, and leave in TimeClock Plus.
- Performs as public safety officer in the absence of the Safety & Security Coordinator. Responds to incidents and emergencies, which may require the ability to walk significant distances and or climb/descend stairs quickly. Assists individuals involved in accidents or when injured on campus. Executes and/or oversees emergency plans concerning evacuation of venues in the event of fire, disasters, or other emergency situations.
- Manages Security safety trainings such as CPR/AED and Blood Borne Pathogens. Serves as lead instructor for these programs. Responsible for the scheduling, oversight, and delivery of training sessions. Prepares training materials and assist other instructors in classroom when appropriate. Ensures all Red Cross requirements are met for CPR/AED certification. Works with HR to ensure proper filing of training documentation (i.e. training logs, certificates of completion, etc.). Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/equivalent and one-year relevant experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to one year.
- Previous experience as a supervisor.
- Valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain prior to hire. Note: Learner’s Permits are not acceptable.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position including, but not limited to, the ability to walk significant distances and extended periods of time, climb/descend stairs quickly in order to respond to emergencies, and the ability to safely lift & operate a 50 pound fire extinguisher.
Please note that within the first twelve months in the position, the incumbent must have completed all required training including but not limited to: First Aid Certification, Blood-borne Pathogens Training, Weather Spotter Certification, FEMA Online Incident Command System courses IS 235 and 240, Basic Campus Fire Suppression System Training, and Cross Match Fingerprint Scanning Software Application Training. All training is provided by The Ringling.
While these skills and experiences are helpful, they are not required to be considered for this role:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience or skills in related roles such as Security, Police, or Military.
- Experience in a museum, cultural institution, or non-profit organization.
- Prior experience in approaching work and interaction with colleagues and/or students in an equity-minded manner.
- Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will be up to the low $30,000 range based on the education, skills, and experience of the selected candidate. Find out more about our benefits under the “FSU Total Rewards” section.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Typical working hours are Monday through Friday from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, special events, holidays, and overtime. Shift may rotate according to department needs.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans’ Preference, click here or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans’ Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.