Job ID: 48620
Apply on or before 5/7/2021 by clicking on the green “Apply Externally” button.
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
· Website: https://www.ringling.org/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRingling
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theringling/
· Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ringlingmuseum/
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
· FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
· FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=diversity/diversity_about_us
· FSU Strategic Plan: https://strategicplan.fsu.edu/diversity-inclusion/
· Ringling Strategic Plan: https://www.ringling.org/strategic-plan
· Responsible for care and management of The Ringling’s Collections. Provides oversight of the Registration and Exhibition Design/Preparation departments. Develops, interprets, and implements associated policies and procedures.
· Develops and monitors budgets and emergency plans. Serves on Disaster Planning and Response Team. Serves as liaison to the Collections Committee of the Board. Collaborates closely with the Conservation department to ensure the care of collections items.
· Oversees coordination logistics for national and international traveling exhibitions and loans. Monitors climate control; environment; and maintains objects files.
· Oversees collections. Monitors registration system and collections’ data integrity. Oversees the Rights and Reproductions Department.
· Oversees installation scheduling and Exhibition Design & Preparation budget. Assists in planning and exhibition installation. Monitors gallery maintenance schedule.
· Contributes to education mission by supporting and/or supervising Internships and Fellowships; tours; lectures; training. Responds to scholars’ requests for information related to collections or exhibits.
· Regularly uses motorized vehicles in daily work. May be required to travel (nationally or internationally) to serve as a Museum courier. Assignments are based on the needs of the Museum. Courier training and certification is required prior to the incumbent serving in this capacity.
· Please note that this role reports to the Associate Director of Academic Affairs and Collections.
· Master’s degree and four years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience.
· Background or Degree in Collections Management, Museum Studies, Art History, Archives, or Library Science.
· Experience supervising and training employees.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable computer applications such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Experience developing and implementing policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply the processes, procedures and methods used in museum operations.
· Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of collections management to include proper handling, installation, preservation and/or maintenance.
· Valid Florida Driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
Please note while these skills are helpful, they are not required for consideration:
· Experience working with The Museum System (TMS) and other applicable computer programs.
· Experience as a Museum Registrar.
· Knowledge of art exhibition design and gallery preparation.
· Advanced art handling experience to include knowledge of current object storage and environmental management.
· Knowledge of contracts and insurance related to traveling exhibitions and loans.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at (941) 359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipate hiring in the range mid $50k to mid $60k commensurate with education, skills, and experience.
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs:
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks:
The primary working hours for this position are Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with a one hour meal period. The incumbent may be required to work evenings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of the Ringling.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.