The Mark Morris Dance Group (MMDG) seeks a Marketing and Digital Engagement Associate to join a highly motivated, results-oriented marketing team in advancing the reputation and brand visibility of Artistic Director/Choreographer Mark Morris and the touring Mark Morris Dance Group and Music Ensemble, as well as broadening the reach and deepening the engagement with key audiences through the organization’s education and community engagement programs. The Associate will help implement MMDG’s marketing and content strategy across owned, earned, and paid channels with a specific focus on social media and website management. This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The successful candidate will join a community of dedicated arts and administrative professionals who are propelled by Mark Morris’s commitment to artistic excellence, access to the arts, and the impact that the arts have in connecting and engaging communities. MMDG is committed to ongoing and sustained equity and inclusion work. All staff are expected to be actively engaged and dedicated to upholding our core values of celebrating our diverse community, pursuing excellence in all that we do, advancing access, exposure, and opportunity to dance and music, and cultivating creativity. Learn more about MMDG’s commitment to antiracism and our core values.
Key responsibilities include:
- Curate the organization’s brand across social media channels – Instagram, 3 Facebook pages (Mark Morris Dance Group, Mark Morris Dance Center, Dance for PD), Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Implement content and engagement tactics to grow followers and engagement on all channels, ensuring content is aligned with marketing and fundraising initiatives.
- Analyze and report monthly on results across social media channels.
- Optimize tactics based on monthly performance reports.
- Manage the main markmorrisdancegroup.org website to ensure that it is consistently up to date; work with staff across the organization to develop or secure content for the website.
- Monitor Google Analytics Reports and create custom reports as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure that microsites are up to date.
- Troubleshoot issues with the website and liaise with external web agency.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager and Coordinator on crafting messages that meet institutional, fundraising, and marketing goals.
· Assist Marketing and Communications Manager with press listings, pitches, maintenance of press kits, and other press assets.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to maintain and update departmental system for filing and retrieving content, including photographs, videos, press articles, and press quotes.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are a Social Media Whiz – You enjoy social media (particularly Instagram and TikTok), you are active on social media, and you know how to engage people on social media. You have managed social for an organization before and have a proven track record of growth and engagement – and you enjoy it!
- Have a Strong Aesthetic Sensibility – You have a great eye for design and understand the impact a good visual can have to make or break a campaign.
- Have a Knack for Data – You genuinely enjoy analyzing campaign results, reporting on them, and learning from data to optimize and improve on your work.
- Are Organized and Pay Attention to Detail – Our team is not very big, so it’s important that you can prioritize and produce excellent work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Are Motivated and Self-Driven – You’re a self-starter, resourceful, and comfortable with generating ideas and running with them.
- Love the Performing Arts and Our Work – You’re inspired by dance and the performing arts, and you genuinely appreciate the ways in which we pursue excellence in all that we do, celebrate our diverse community, advance access, exposure and opportunity to dance and music, and cultivate creativity.
- 2-3 years of experience in a marketing role, preferably with a focus on social media and/or website management
- Knowledge of social media platforms and rules of engagement
- Creative, resourceful, entrepreneurial mindset, with roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Experience working with social media management platforms like Hootsuite, Sprout Social or ContentCal
- Experience with CMS (preferably WordPress) and Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual Salary: $40K-$42K; commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, sick/personal leave, holidays and bonus days
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, Voluntary vision and dental coverage, Pre-tax commuter benefit, 403(b) retirement plan, and 100% paid family leave
- Access to free and discounted classes at the Dance Center and online
- Access to special events and MMDG performances (when available)
- Invitations to cultural events extended to staff members by community partners.
You will be asked to submit the following as part of your online application:
o 1-page Cover Letter addressed to Laura Giannatempo, Director of Marketing and Communications
o Complete résumé highlighting relevant experience.
• The cover letter should include answers to each of the following questions:
o Why are you interested in working at the Mark Morris Dance Group?
o The Marketing and Digital Engagement Associate will be responsible for managing growth and engagement of MMDG’s social media platforms, and for updating and maintaining its website. What relevant skills and experiences would you bring to this work?
o MMDG is a values-driven organization; please review our core values of Community, Excellence, Creativity, and Access and discuss two instances in your professional career where you have demonstrated at least one of them.
• The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to those candidates who apply on or before May 15, 2021
• Please note that all candidate interviews will be conducted by video using the Zoom (https://zoom.us/) video communications application. Please download the application in advance and have a functioning camera and speaker on your device. MMDG can also provide candidates with reasonable accommodations, if needed.