As a Special Education Teacher with The Menta Group, you will collaborate with the clinical staff and other members of the academic team in creating and implementing classroom interventions in order to meet the individual academic and social/emotional needs of the students.
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom.
- Classroom sizes are at or near 10 students with paraprofessional support in the room.
- Grade Level taught will depend upon the position for which you’ve applied. We may need you to be flexible on grade level during the school year.
- Provide a differentiated learning environment.
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students.
- Have the freedom and ability to personalize learning.
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment/
- IL PEL (Professional Educator’s License; out-of-state applicants will need to apply for IL certification) with LBS1 Certification or Other Teacher Certification (Non-Substitute)
- General Education Professional Educator’s License or Secondary Education (PEL) with a desire to obtain your Special Education Certification (LBS1).
- Comprehensive training, experience, and mentoring in curriculum area.
- Ability to teach a self-contained classroom within all basic instructional areas.
- Ability to work with youth with emotional/behavioral/academic difficulties.
- Must be flexible, work in teams and creatively problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefit Plans
- 10 Month School Position with 12 Month Semi-Monthly Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- 403(b) Investment Options
- Negotiable Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers