2022-2023 Fellowships at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art welcomes applications from scholars of the history of art and visual culture, archaeology, conservation and related sciences, as well as those in other disciplines whose projects relate to objects in The Met’s collection. Each year, The Met creates a closely knit community of scholars whose individual interests collectively illuminate the Museum’s collection of artworks spanning 5,000 years of human creativity. The community of fellows becomes immersed in the intellectual life of the Museum and takes part in a robust program of colloquia, roundtable seminars, research-sharing workshops, behind-the-scenes tours of exhibitions, conversations with Museum staff, and visits to curatorial and conservation departments. Fellows form long-lasting professional relationships as they discuss research questions, look closely at objects, and share the experience of living in New York City.
Deadlines for all application materials (including letters of recommendation) are listed below.
- History of Art and Visual Culture Fellowships – November 5, 2021
- Interdisciplinary Fellowships – November 5, 2021
- Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship – November 5, 2021
- Eugene V. Thaw Training Fellowship for Collections Cataloguing – November 5, 2021
- Leonard A. Lauder Fellowships in Modern Art – November 5, 2021
- Conservation Fellowships and Scientific Research Fellowships – December 3, 2021
- Research Scholarship in Photograph Conservation – December 3, 2021
There will also be two 45-minute online information sessions to learn more about the 2022-2023 Met Fellowship Program and application process. We recommend prospective applicants review the The Met Fellowship Program page and application form prior to the session. Bring your questions!
Free, though advance registration is required.
Session 1: Thursday, September 30th at 3pm EST – Register Now
History of Art and Visual Culture Fellowships, Interdisciplinary Fellowships, Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships, Eugene V. Thaw Training Fellowship for Collections Cataloguing
Session 2: Thursday, October 28th at 3pm EST – Register Now
Conservation Fellowships and Scientific Research Fellowships, Research Scholarship in Photograph Conservation