The Nature Conservancy
Preserve Stewardship Coordinator, New York Division
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I help?” or “How can I make a difference?”, but you don’t know where to go or have the time to do it? Welcome to The Nature Conservancy. You have found the solution and now you can pointedly make a difference every day!
By joining our New York team, you will become part of a group that is a force to be reckoned with; a force for nature, a force for people, and a force for our planet. We are making a difference every day through our boots on the ground conservation work, voices in public policy advocacy, and teaching minds in local cities and communities. Our science community consists of a group of a experts who are leading the industry on multiple fronts to bring science, strategy and action together.
The Nature Conservancy is seeking a Preserve Stewardship Coordinator to implement a range of conservation land management activities intended to connect people with equitable access to nature and protect important ecological resources. As a member of the New York Division Land Assets team, they will develop, manage, and advance conservation programs, plans, and methods at the Conservancy’s 23,000-acre portfolio of preserves and fee lands in the Adirondacks region of New York. The Preserve Stewardship Coordinator may also assist with conservation easement stewardship, ecological restoration, land protection and research/monitoring activities on both Conservancy and partner lands.
We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with natural systems and/or working outdoors.
- Experience operating and/or repairing various types of gardening, farming or outdoor tools, equipment or machinery.
- Experience managing staff, interns and/or volunteers.
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience with common GPS technology and geospatial software such as ArcGIS or Google Earth.
- Ability to do strenuous physical work in various field conditions, including the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and hike 5 or more miles in a day while carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
If you are interested in doing work you can believe in, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, please visit https://careers.nature.org and search for job ID #49572 in the keyword search. Applications must be made online. Submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on April 25, 2021, to be considered. The work location for this position is Keene Valley, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.