The President and Chief Executive Officer will serve as the dynamic leader of Forward Janesville. With support from the board of directors, this collaborative leader, with a drive to make a difference, will be a strong relationship builder, a voice for the business community and will strategize and coordinate the long range planning and the program of work while leading the team and volunteers of Forward Janesville. Janesville, Wisconsin is an authentic Midwest community embedded in an important regional economic area that has great growth potential both from within and for outside investment.
- Create a highly visible organization to address economic and community development issues affecting Janesville and Rock County.
- Assume a leadership role in introducing, evaluating, and responding to important business and community issues facing Janesville. Maintain current knowledge of the business and political climate of the city and county.
- Based on proper research of community needs, the President must anticipate emerging and long-range problems and recommend Forward Janesville, Inc., and community programs to meet such problems through the established Strategic Planning Process.
- Plan, organize and implement programs to address the needs of Forward Janesville Members.
- Ensure the support of retention and expansion initiatives that benefit existing Janesville companies.
- Coordinates the Initiatives of Forward Janesville with other economic and community development organizations in Rock County to create regional economic development initiatives.
- Develop the annual budget to Program of Work goals. As approved by the Board, the President is responsible for all expenditures within the framework of the budget.
- Responsible for monthly financial statements. Ensures financial records of Forward Janesville, Inc. are reviewed annually as required by the bylaws. Seeks maximum staff efficiency in all finical procedures.
- Oversee membership recruitment and services. Coordinate the formation and operation of volunteer committees.
- Provide executive staff support for the major councils such as Government Relations Council, Education Council, Downtown Council, AriseNow and Ambassador Council.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the Forward Janesville staff.
- Work with the state legislature and congressional delegation regarding laws and regulations that impact economic development.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the State of Wisconsin, City Manager, County Administrator, Education Providers, and other public and private organization having interest in economic and community development.
- Participate in regional and statewide economic development programs and public policy development. Aggressively pursue economic development initiatives that result in business and industrial diversification.
- Under the direction of a constantly evolving Board of Directors and an annually changing roster of officers, the President is responsible for maintaining continuity and consistency in programming. Responsible liaising with the Board of Directors, earning and maintaining the confidence of the Board, individually and collectively
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or business, MBA preferred. Extraordinary experience and results coupled with ongoing learning could substitute for formal education.
- Experience: 10 years minimum industry experience, and 5 years minimum executive-level experience (VP, EVP, or C-Level), plus a history of community involvement.
- Leadership Skills: Analytical problem solving, interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration, employee coaching, creativity, public speaking, decision-making, goal orientation and a well-grounded leadership presence.