I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates the ordering, receiving, maintenance, repair, tracking and storage of equipment in the Operating Room.
• Identifies and prepares equipment for surgical procedures.
• Assists the surgical team with equipment support during case closure.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting usual weight of 20 pounds up to 45 pounds, pushing/pulling usual weight of 45 pounds up to maximum 50 pounds, carrying usual weight of 45 pounds up to maximum 50 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions, frequent gripping of an object
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: climbing stairs, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: kneeling, crawling, squatting.
• Operates various surgical equipment, computer, fax, printer, telephone.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to body fluids, blood products and communicable diseases.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year experience working with medical equipment, preferably in an operating room or acute care setting.
• Experience to demonstrate:
o Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
o Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
• Prior experience with EPIC software preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veterans