I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Within scope of work, assists in the planning, assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care as a member of the patient care team in department.
• Scrubs, assists and anticipates the needs of physicians during a wide variety of surgical procedures with the supervision of a staff nurse.
• Depending upon area of assignment, performs procedural, operative and diagnostic procedures with supervision of a Registered Nurse.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, walking, stooping/bending, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting usual amount of 35 lbs, pushing/pulling usual amount of 50 pounds of force, carrying usual amount of 35 lbs, reaching above/at/below shoulder, repetitive arm/hand motions, static/frequent gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• As required, operates sterilizers, drills, saws, microscopes, surgical tables, and various other surgical equipment/instrumentation.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Subject to noise and/or vibration, hazardous physical conditions and atmospheric conditions which affect the respiratory system or the skin.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Completion of a certified Surgical Technologist, Operating Room Technician or comparable training program; or three (3) years experience as an OR Technician or Surgical Technologist in an acute care or outpatient setting.
• Association of Surgical Technologists Certification preferred.
• Current certification in BLS/HCP.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veterans