The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in the Los Angeles area. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, print, and A/V campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content. We are seeking an individual who lives and loves Powerpoint and has a strong sense for design layouts. This position will also interface directly with clients, taking their direction on presentations and working with our in-house creative team.
Overall, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values – Refiners are driven, kind, ego-free, client-focused and talented. In addition, even when our clients change their minds for seemingly the 100th time – we don’t ever quit. We still celebrate everything – from birthdays to Black History month to National Donut Day! Our highly competitive Halloween costume contest will continue virtually this year and didn’t disappoint. We’ve also organized some great virtual events including a sunflower-growing contest, poker and trivia nights, and Zoom yoga and meditation.
Enough about us, here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint presentations, demonstrating strong layout and design skills and ability for quick turnarounds
- Foundational knowledge of type design and use of fonts
- Hands-on Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator use at intermediate level
- Extraordinary communication skills as direct client contact will be ongoing
- Strongly prefer previous advertising and/or entertainment industry experience
This position may be hybrid or remote, depending on the candidate. Competitive salary with full benefit package (i.e., health insurance, paid time off, matched 401k) is offered.
We will consider all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.