Job Product: Student understanding of science that furthers the development of character and intellect.
General Purpose: The Upper Elementary Science teacher is responsible for developing students’ academic excellence and virtue by creating a positive culture of inquiry and learning and providing students with challenging and meaningful learning activities and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Subject matter knowledge
- Advanced principles and concepts of biology, physical science, earth science, and astronomy appropriate to the elementary school curriculum
- Principles and procedures of scientific inquiry
- History of major scientific and technological discoveries or inventions
- Laboratory techniques, safety issues related to science labs and investigations
Plans curriculum and instruction
Delivers effective instruction
Manages classroom climate and operation
Meets professional responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities: As needed or assigned
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Passed the Elementary Education or Science content test (Praxis)
$35,000 per year; eligible for merit pay up to $2,000 for returning employees after their first full year of employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
All employees must submit to and pass a CBI / FBI fingerprint background check as a condition of employment.