Culinary cast members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Culinary cast members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Chef Assistants receive a starting rate of $20.00/hour.
New Hire Incentive base $1,500 and up to $4,500 pending other criteria
To be eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments for the bonus will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 ($375) and 150-day ($1125) milestones, respectively.
An additional benefit in the form of a $3,000 lump sum is available for eligible new hires residing a minimum of 50 miles outside the Walt Disney World Resort area.
All bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to September 12, 2021 or after January 1, 2022 will not be eligible for this incentive award.
The Walt Disney World® Resort culinary team is seeking a Chef Assistant to help lead a team of talented culinary professionals to create unforgettable dishes for our Guests.
Picture yourself being a Chef Assistant and having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Chef with overall culinary direction and development of the team, while promoting teamwork and a fun work environment
- Oversee the daily operation and execution of all menu categories and recipes to ensure the quality and efficiency for every dish
- Continue to grow in your culinary career by working in a variety of kitchens and locations without ever having to leave the company
- Create dishes from around the world with endless ingredients at your fingertips
- Minimum 4 years of line cook experience; including grill and sauté or a culinary certificate and 2 years of line cook experience; including grill and sauté.
- Proven experience in all stations of the kitchen and multiple cooking skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, basic tools, small wares, culinary techniques and ingredients specialized to the location
- Demonstrates knowledge of HACCP, basic food temperatures, proper food handling and good judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Showcases passion for the culinary arts, continual learning and guest service
- Able to follow recipes, make recipe conversions, adhere to food allergies and propose menu items
- Basic understanding of kitchen lingo and etiquette
- Receptive to working on-stage and working on the chef’s table, if needed
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, as well as knife skills and basic butchering techniques
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe, clean work area
- Support the chef in their absence and meet with the chef(s) for an overview
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
How to Stand Out
- Possess bilingual communication skills
- Be Serve Safe certified
- Proven prior experience as a lead line cook
SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: Chef Assistant, Culinary, Lead Line Cook,Culinaryoutofhome
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.