As a member of the foodservice team, a Bartender will report to the Food and Beverage Director. A Bartender will have a primary day-to-day responsibility to prepare and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to patrons, oversee the stock of liquor and bar supplies, and collect money for drinks served.
- Receives orders from patrons and wait, staff.
- Prepares and serves liquor, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and nonalcoholic drinks as ordered.
- Ensures that customers are of legal drinking age by checking photo IDs.
- Uses proper judgment and, when necessary, refuses service to patrons who are intoxicated or disruptive.
- Ensures that fruit and other garnishes are prepared ahead of the opening of the bar.
- Maintains the bar and keeps it clean and organized.
- Attractively displays glasses and liquor bottles.
- Knows Theodore’s Dining Room menu with the ability to describe items and make recommendations, when applicable.
- Sells bar menu items (i.e. appetizers, desserts, etc.).
- Collects money from customers for drinks prepared and served.
- Returns daily deposits accurately and consistently.
- Inventories and restocks liquor, beer, and other bar-related supplies.
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Verbal Communication.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Results Driven.
- Attention to Detail.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this role.
This job operates in a professional kitchen and dining room environment. This role routinely uses standard kitchen and bar equipment. Frequently works with others. Occasionally works around chemicals, sharp objects or tools, and around wet, slippery floors or surfaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to; stand, grasp, talk, lift and carry ten pounds or less. Frequently required to have repetitive use of hands and arms, grasp, lift 11 to 25 pounds, carry and lift ten pounds or less. Occasionally bend over, reach overhead, and push or pull. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and able to determine safety of workplace surroundings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Expected to work afternoons and evening shifts. Hours are varied based on needs of the guests.
Required Education and Experience
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Must be able to operate the MegaTouch and the POS system, or willing to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on serving customers.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately.
- Must be legal drinking age or older.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.