As a member of the lodging team, a Campground Hotel/Motel Front desk Representative will operate the front desk at the campground and assist guests with inquiries, which includes being familiar with information about Medora, the campground, and other needs during registration, stay, and checkouts.
- Efficiently manages the operations of the front desk, ensuring minimal time is required for check in and checkout
- Is able to use many different computer systems
- Collects payment using the store point of sale system.
- Processes returns and exchanges.
- Retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations to replenish the shop items that are understocked.
- Warmly and professionally welcomes all guests
- Is live on-site and available after hours as needed to assist guests.
- Directs guests to appropriate hotel or campground staff for assistance with questions and special requests regarding food, laundry, concierge services, or housekeeping.
- Handle guest issues as they arise.
- Treats requests with professionalism, tact, and a courteous manner.
- Ensures prompt delivery of final bills to guests.
- Ensures the campground store and shared areas are neat and orderly which may include occasional,
- Disinfecting of workspace.
- Restocking of toiletries upon need.
- Be able to make and answer telephone calls
- Throughout shifts, be able to make reservations for motels, golf, and a number of other TRMF events.
- Maintains knowledge of hotel policies including room rates, discounts, special offerings, and events with extensive knowledge of RVs.
- Maintains knowledge of upcoming events, local area, and hotel offerings.
- Participates in weekly safety lessons.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Verbal and Written Communication.
- Listening Skills.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail.
- Technical Capacity.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
This job operates in a campground environment. This role routinely uses standard campground and housekeeping equipment. Frequently works with others, in hot, cold and or humid temperature, around electrical power, sharp/objects/tools and heavy machinery, and around dust, odors, gases or fumes. Occasionally works alone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; to talk or hear, and stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to balance, bend over, repetitive use of hands or arms. Occasionally sit, climb, grasp, lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned, close proximity use of computer software and ability to determine safety of workplace surroundings for themselves and guests.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on needs of the guests, and include morning and evening shifts.
Required Education and Experience
- Previous work in a campground preferred.
- Must be friendly, pleasant, and able to work with others.
- A valid driver’s license preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent computer/typing skills to ensure quick and efficient customer service for our guests.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.