As a member of the Burning Hills Amphitheater team, the Concessions Manager will report to the Burning Hills Amphitheater Manager. The Concessions Manager will have a primary day-to-day responsibility for making daily decisions that promote the well-being of TRMF, its guests and its staff and responsible and efficient operation of the concessions.
- Implement proper sanitation procedures in the concessions area of the amphitheater.
- Responsible for training concessions employees including till procedures and how to complete deposits.
- Responsible for keeping all concession facilities and equipment clean and well maintained.
- Maintain a positive work environment by communicating and conducting business in a congenial manner to guests, potential guests, coworkers and supervisors.
- Order all supplies for concessions.
- Stock the inventory in the concessions area.
- Ensure responsible inventory control within concessions.
- Check in merchandise orders upon arrival.
- Supervise execution of employee discounts as established by the Amphitheater Manager.
- Ensure that all equipment for concessions is in good working condition in conjunction with TRMF maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for cleaning, storing, and closing down the concessions area at the season end.
- Re-enforce safety and customer service with personnel on a nightly basis.
- Ensure excellent customer service and safety.
- Increase concession sales through promotion with guests.
- Check personnel for proper uniform and appropriate dress to serve Burning Hills Amphitheater guests.
- Use management skills to prevent problems and solve issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Responsible for the supervision of the daily closing reports and safe handling of cash receipts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Verbal Communication
- Collaboration Skills
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
This position supervises seasonal employees, volunteers, and full time staff members while working in concessions. This position also, at times, supervises theater technicians in the daily maintenance and operations of the Burning Hills Amphitheater including guest areas, the stage and backstage, retail, restrooms, storage, welcome center, and parking areas.
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors, primarily at the concessions area of the Burning Hills Amphitheater.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, and stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach overhead with arms, and grasp. Occasionally the employee will climb, push, pull, stoop, lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and ability to determine safety of workplace surroundings for themselves and guests.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on needs of the guests.
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess a high degree of managerial and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of concession equipment maintenance and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.