As a member of the foodservice team, a Dishwasher will report to the Kitchen Manager. A Dishwasher will have a primary day-to-day responsibility to perform routine tasks to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards for restaurant and serving equipment.
- Washes all wares including pots, pans, flatware, and glasses, by hand or using dishwashers.
- Sorts and rinses dirty dishes, glasses, tableware, and other cooking utensils and places them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sorts and stacks clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Ensures work areas remain safe, clean, and orderly, adhering to all company, local, and state guidelines regarding health, safety, and sanitation.
- Changes dishwater in the dish machine and rinsing area every hour and silverware dish tray.
- Washes pots and pans.
- Removes trash to the dumpster.
- Keeps the kitchen clean.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- May assist in cleaning and preparing various foods for cooking and/or serving, as directed.
- Participates in weekly safety lessons.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Locations of responsibility may include,
- The Life Skill’s Center.
- Pitchfork Steak Fondue.
- Badlands Pizzeria.
- Town Square Show hall.
- Theodore’s Dining Room.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Results Driven.
- Time Management.
- Attention to Detail.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this role.
This job operates in a professional kitchen environment. This role routinely uses standard kitchen equipment. Continuously around wet, slippery floors. Frequently around chemicals, and works with others. Occasionally works in heat/hot temperatures inside, and around sharp objects or tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; continuously stand, grasp, and lift ten pounds or less. Frequently have repetitive use of hands and arms, and lift up to 25 pounds, and carry 10 pounds or less. Occasionally reach overhead, bend over, push or pull, and lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and able to determine the safety of workplace surroundings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on the needs of the guests.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals
- Knowledge of workplace and safety procedures.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.