As a member of the maintenance team, a Flower Crew member will report to the Flower Crew Manager. A Flower Crew member will have a primary day-to-day responsibility for planting and watering Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation property flowers and maintaining the grounds.
- Plants, weeds, and waters flower beds and flower pots in Medora.
- Trims trees and vegetation and maintains flower beds.
- Maintains sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other features; performs general cleaning.
- Plans and cultivates lawns, turf, or gardens based on landscaping designs.
- Applies fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs or trees by spraying or spreading.
- Operates a variety of maintenance equipment such as shovels, or rakes to complete assignments while following proper safety procedures.
- Reports any safety concerns immediately to Maintenance or to the Flower Crew Leader.
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Verbal Communication Skills.
- Time Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to Follow Directions.
- Ability to Operate Power Equipment and Hand Tools.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
This job operates in an outdoor environment. This role routinely uses standard maintenance and landscaping equipment. Continuously in hot/heat outside conditions. Frequently works humid conditions, with sharp objects and heavy machinery. Frequently works with grease, oil, mud, and around fumes, gases, odors and or dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, balance, hear, reach with hands and arms, and lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to lift up to 100 pounds, carry up to 50 pounds, and crouch. Occasionally reach overhead, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and able to determine safety of workplace surroundings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position.
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of horticulture is preferred.
- Familiarity with tools and equipment is strongly preferred.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.