As a member of the retail team, a Retail Sales Attendant is responsible to learn product information, sell merchandise, operate cash registers, and assist customers to provide the customers with a great Medora shopping experience.
- Greets and interacts with customers.
- Responsible for the running of the cash register and ensures proper checkout process is followed.
- Collects payment using the store point of sale system.
- Processes returns and exchanges.
- Assists customers with purchase decisions.
- Consults with customers to understand their needs and preferences related to merchandise.
- Demonstrates and explains merchandise, selecting and suggesting options suitable for the customer’s needs.
- Become familiar with the products, and answers customer’s questions about merchandise.
- Retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations to replenish the gift shop items that are understocked.
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the gift shop by dusting, vacuuming, washing the windows and doors, as well as straightens the merchandise.
- Informs the customers about purchasing incentives.
- Notify customers about the attractions in Medora, including the Medora Musical.
- Be available to work shifts at the Medora Musical retail establishments, and other positions up at the Musical.
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Locations of responsibility may include,
- The Ferris Store.
- Ticket Junction.
- Rough Riders Gift Shop
- Lyall’s Candy Barn
- Roosevelt’s Outpost.
- The Welcome Center.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Verbal Communication.
- Listening Skills.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; to talk or hear, and stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach overhead with arms, and grasp. Occasionally the employee will climb, push, pull, stoop, lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned, close proximity use of computer software and ability to determine safety of workplace surroundings for themselves and guests.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on needs of the guests.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be friendly and pleasant.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operations of cash registers and credit card machines.
- Must possess knowledge of retail or be willing to learn. Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- The job requires a person to stand for their shift.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.