Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in quality assurance and regulatory affairs to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
Internship opportunities within Quality may include:
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs/Compliance
- Quality Engineering
- Quality Control
- Allentown, PA
- Become familiar with FDA and EU regulations regarding the required statements for the site’s manufactured products
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Operations teams to perform key product related root cause investigations and identify/provide oversight of the execution of corrective actions
- Write investigations, reviewing Chemistry test results, Standard Operating procedures, executed manufacturing and packaging batch records to identify root cause of the non-conformance.
- Collaborate with team members in production and quality to build robust documentation to support audit readiness
- Provide deliverables on designs to management of change committee
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
Preferred majors: Quality Engineering, Quality Assurance, Business Management, Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, or other related engineering/science major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Quality Assurance
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Desire to teach other specialists about quality and compliance in area of expertise
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!