The Sales Development Representative Position
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) role is a full-time, 12-week contract opportunity for ambitious, hard-working, outgoing individuals who desire an elevated professional opportunity in sales but have not had the opportunity to develop a track record/resume to qualify for our primary Sales Professional opportunity.
During the 12-week contract, the SDR will learn and gain mastery of our proven prospecting, lead nurturing and appointment setting methodologies. The SDR will be assigned to an experienced Sales Professional to support their sales activities by adding additional selling opportunities to their schedule. SDRs who demonstrate the work ethic, coachability, and aptitude for generating quality leads and appointments will have the opportunity to be hired into our full-fledged Sales Professional opportunity at the end of their contract.
In addition to increasing sales through their core prospecting and phone calling activities, SDRs will also have an opportunity to learn about our long-term career path and witness our selling processes and client interactions during a 1x/week field ride with their assigned Sales Professional. This allows both the SDR and Tom James Company a first-hand look at whether a long-term selling opportunity at Tom James is a fit for the SDR.
Expectations for our SDRs are set high to result in high rewards. Our SDRs are paid a competitive hourly wage as well as commissions on orders sold to prospects and former customers they book into their leaders’ calendars. SDRs who achieve expectation in the program can earn up to $3,500 – $4,000/monthly while developing the skills and habits necessary for even greater opportunity in our uncapped, unlimited Sales Professional opportunity.
SDRs will participate in a comprehensive, structured training program equipping them for each activity assigned.
At the end of the 12-week contract, depending on performance and other factors, Tom James will determine whether to:
- Extend an offer for regular employment with Tom James, including the potential for our full-time Sales Professional position;
- Extension of the SDR contract;
- Opt not to renew the contract, and provide verification of program completion to assist the SDR in their next job search
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting for potential new clients: utilize our prospecting platforms including ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Outreach to identify, connect with and warm up quality prospects;
- Updating contact information and conducting direct contact/marketing outreach to customers who haven’t purchased from us in a while;
- Phone Skills & Dials: 85+ dials/day with a goal to set around 20-25 appointments/week
- Conduct client & prospect research on the individuals the Sales Professional meets with to identify potential connections to other ideal customers for referrals;
- Assist with some customer service communications to provide a world-class experience and additional sales opportunities
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or working toward it– all majors
Tom James is the world’s leading professional image consulting business. Our customers come to us for our custom fit, convenience, selection and expertise. Our product is clothing, but our passion is developing sales professionals to achieve extraordinary results. We are an employee-owned, privately held clothing company with 100 locations and 16 subsidiaries in the specialty retail industry. Our “We come to you” model has earned the trust of the world’s leading professionals in markets throughout the world.
What We Do
Our clients are highly successful, busy professionals, and we help them look better and feel more comfortable in their clothing, whatever the setting. You don’t need to be a fashion expert to do what we do, but you DO need to be passionate about listening to and serving your customers! We can teach the rest from our 55 years of experience building wardrobes for men and women.
We network and prospect for great potential clients, and we use the phone, email, social media and other communication tools to connect and share our service with them. When we do our job right by taking care of our clients, they work with us season after season as we help them stay current, updated and fresh for whatever comes their way.
All applicants must apply directly through our website at https://careers.tomjames.com/. You will be able to view and apply to the city you live in from that site.