Access & Equity Adjunct & Professional Tutor
POSITION OFFERED: Access & Equity Adjunct and Professional Tutor
EMPLOYMENT DATE: August – December 2021
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time 20-26 hours per week. Possible renewal for future semesters.
• Provide students with one-on-one training sessions in assistive technology, including, but not limited to, Smart Pens, digital recorders, tablets, specialized software, etc.;
• Provide regularly scheduled coaching sessions to students with disabilities to assist in areas such as time- management, study-skills, test-taking skills, disability management skills, etc.
• Multi-tasking and prioritizing work required.
• Provide regularly scheduled tutoring sessions to students with disabilities on a 1-1 basis in math or writing.
• Provide training to staff in how to integrate assistive technology into instructional settings;
• Provide training to staff in meeting accessibility needs, including in print materials.
• Develop knowledge of current trends, best practices, and availability/functionality of new developments in the area of assistive technology.
• Review course academic adjustment memos with students and explain related procedures.
• Assist in facilitation of accommodation testing process as needed, (including the Accuplacer) including scribing tests on an occasional basis.
• Coordinate the alternate format materials process for students with print disabilities including but not limited to: ordering, organizing, preparing, tracking, and distributing these materials.
• Using the library’s ticket system, coordinate the creation of accessible audio and video materials for students with hearing disabilities including but not limited to capturing, transcribing, captioning, tracking, and distributing.
• Assume responsibility for collection of assistive technology. Responsibilities include physical maintenance, loaning program, purchasing schedule, replacement of batteries and other parts, etc. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree with demonstrable ability to tutor in math or writing and a familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and additional computer technologies.
• One-year’s full-time experience in teaching or tutoring or equivalent;
• Extreme attention to detail;
• Ability to work with limited supervision;
• Familiarity with LiveScribe smart pens, Premier AT, Zoomtext, Omni Page Pro, Dragon Naturally Speaking, MathTalk, NVDA, and/or Adobe Professional.
• Experience working in a multicultural setting with a diverse student population, including non-traditional and under- prepared students, is highly desirable.
EXPECTED HIRING SALARY RANGE: $26.42/hr. – $28.14/hr. – Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applicants to begin July 26, 2021 and continue until position is filled.