- $11,000.00 stipend paid bi-weekly
- $500 professional development funds
- $100 JumboCash per semester
- 18 hours per week split between three days based on the intern’s academic schedule.
- Additional nights and weekends will also be required. University holidays and school breaks will be recognized.
- This nine-month position begins mid-August and ends mid-May, following Senior Week.
- Exact start and end dates will be determined with the Associate Director for Campus Life.
The Office for Campus Life seeks a graduate intern for Operations who: brings a positive attitude to their work, has a passion for understanding social justice in student affairs, takes pride and responsibility for their role and job responsibilities, enjoys working independently and in team environments, is a creative problem solver and with strong attention to detail, has a willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt to different situations that evolve over the year, and has excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This position also:
- Supervises, hires, trains, and manages our student Event Staff made up of Managers and Staffers
- Assists Event Staff Managers in running weekly event staff meetings, staff scheduling, and any additional training opportunities
- Supports the Event Staff team through attending occasional late-night events, including city wide events and all large-scale events
- Assists in the administration of the Student Employee Recognition Program
- Sits on the Event Registration Committee as a representative for Event Staff
- Utilizes the JumboLife platform to manage event logistics and requests
- Reports on operations and student staff items at OCL Staff Meetings (Monday mornings)
- Coordinates professional development series for student staff
- Manages OCL A/V Equipment including managing the Operations Calendar, weekly checks, and training users
- Manages OCL radios, scanners, and Event Staff equipment with complete and accurate inventory
- Completes bi-weekly walk throughs of OCL student organization spaces
- Hires and manages Senior Week Event Staff with the Associate Director for Campus Life
- Actively participates in and prepares for weekly staff meetings and one-on-ones with the Associate Director for Campus Life
- Coordinates the management and execution of the Student Employee End of the Year Banquet with the Associate Director for Campus Life
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master’s degree candidate in Higher Education Administration program or related field preferred; experience planning and managing campus events and working within a university setting; excellent interpersonal skills; understanding of and commitment to issues of cultural diversity and college student development; demonstrated leadership, advisory, technological, and management skills.