Summary: Coordinate communication with students, families, and others; perform administrative functions; create and update sensitive electronic records; and assist with special projects for the Dean of Student Affairs Office. The graduate intern can expect to balance responsibilities in a professional office with their academic commitments.
Compensation: $15 per hour
Commitment: 15 to 20 hours per week with some flexibility, November 2020 to May 2021. Start date to be negotiated upon hire, but is expected to be mid or late August. All work to be performed during business hours.
• Administrative tasks completed under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator for the Dean of Student Affairs Office. This includes managing calendars for eight professional staff members, answering the main phone line and triaging concerns; monitoring and composing correspondence from several Student Affairs inboxes.
• The graduate intern will interact empathically and professionally with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
• Enter confidential student data into the Student Affairs databases.
• Conduct disciplinary history checks and write Dean’s Certification letters on behalf of the university.
• Work on projects impacting one or more of the division’s key operational areas when needed:
o Student leadership development
o Campus and community engagement
o COVID-19 related support
o Student Affairs in the School of Museum of Fine Arts
o Undocumented students in our community
• Enrollment in a graduate degree program at Tufts or another accredited institution is required. Tufts students preferred.
• Flexible and skilled communicator capable of interacting with varied constituents, including senior administrators, parents, undergraduates, and graduate students at the University.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Interest in higher education administration, student affairs, educational policy, school leadership, or related field is a plus.