Works with Relationship Manager to manage assigned relationships and loan portfolio(s). The position is within the Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) business line and located within the Minneapolis CRE underwriting hub. The individual will be working with a dynamic group of underwriters with 1 to 5 years of work experience, and will receive support from both peers and manager. The position is currently “Work From Home”, but is expected to return to office in some capacity that is yet to be determined. Responsibilities include: analyzing financial data and preparing comprehensive written analyses, analyzing portfolio credit quality, assisting Relationship Manager in presenting credit requests to Credit Approval, identifying products and services that meet customer needs and making appropriate referrals. Higher levels have their own assigned client relationships and may also co-manage client relationships and portfolio credit quality with a Relationship Manager. Collateral for most credits consist of multifamily, industrial, retail, office, hospitality, and self storage in various stages of development (construction, lease up, stabilization). The candidate will work with a variety of parties including but not limited to the client, Credit Risk Management, Loan Administration, Deposits and Payment Solutions (deposit and cash management products), Loan Disbursement Group, Real Estate Technical Services (“RETECHS”), and internal and external credit review. Advancement opportunities are abound as the underwriting hubs feed talent to CRE specialty units including Specialty Debt Capital (non-recourse), Real Estate Structured Finance (“RESF”) (Debt Fund Lending), Subscription Lines, and REIT.
– Loan origination (Threshold Memos/Preflights)
– Loan modifications
– Quarterly Tracking Reports (“QTR”)
– Problem Credit Monitoring Reports (“PCMR”)
– Annual Reviews (Sponsor Analysis)
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
– Two to four years of credit experience
– Strong sales and relationship management skills
– Thorough understanding of credit and collateral requirements
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
– Strong Excel formula skills relating to formulas, pivot tables, and MACROs.
– Strong understanding of mathematical relationships between Debt Yields, DSCRs, Cap Rates, and Loan Constants.
– Familiarity with third party reports including market studies, appraisals, environmentals, property conditions & needs assessments (“PCNA”), and seismic studies.
– Familiarity with third party software RIMS, nCino, CAPE, and AFS/Mainframe.
– Be able to identify and set appropriate loan and sponsor covenant packages for various development stages.