The Fund Administration practice of U.S. Bank Global Fund Services (USBGFS) provides value-added services to a robust and rapidly growing client base, which includes mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, offshore funds and other investment companies. In today’s complex and dynamic legal and regulatory environment, clients demand to be serviced by tax professionals who understand the industry, investments and client goals. USBGFS tax professionals are seen as trusted advisors to clients and accounting firms to develop and implement innovative tax planning solutions that optimize tax strategies and positions, as well as identify and mitigate risk. The Tax Analyst works as part of a team responsible for providing value-added services to investment companies and investment advisers.
-Prepare FATCA/CRS informational reporting submissions and research requirements.
-Research tax technical and Financial Reporting guidance and requirements.
-Research and prepare foreign withholding tax refund requests.
-Prepare IRS Forms 1120-RIC, 8613, 1120, 1065 and Schedule K-1s along with any required state and local tax Forms. Coordinate the distribution of necessary tax forms and supporting schedules to investors/partners.
-Prepare mutual fund taxable income calculations, including book-to-tax differences for fiscal and excise tax purposes.
-Prepare dividend distribution calculations.
-Prepare taxable income for hedge funds and investment partnerships and allocate to partners.
-Set-up new partnerships and partners in the tax return preparation software.- Calculate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and / or annual federal, and if applicable, state estimated tax payments.
– Prepare income and capital gain/loss estimates, including book-to-tax differences as requested by client.
Qualifications – Basic Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or Finance degree or related)
– CPA certification or candidate a plus
Preferred Skills/Experience– General understanding of legal, regulatory and accounting principles in investment management industry a plus.
– Flexibility with work hours as required in supporting the clients’ needs.
– Demonstrates ethics and integrity, adhering to USBFS’ core values. Holds others accountable for upholding ethics and values.
– Is a team-oriented professional, interacting collaboratively with team members and others throughout the organization.
– Shows initiative, including eagerness to work on projects.
– Produces high-quality work that is accurate and thorough, with attention to detail.
– Demonstrates effective work habits and organizational skills by prioritizing and planning, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing client priorities and regulatory requirements.
– Shows a commitment to learning through professional development and growth, continually expanding his / her knowledge base and expertise in their practice