These positions are in the Office of Air and Radiation (OAR), Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ), Assessment and Standards Division (ASD), Air Quality and Modeling Center (AQMC). If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Assist in the scientific analysis of equipment population, activity, and emissions data from vehicles, engines, or fuels to create emissions models and inventories that support policy or regulatory development aimed at reducing pollution from the transportation sector;
- Participate in the design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of computer models that estimate air pollution emissions and emission rates for cars, trucks, and other mobile equipment;
- Conduct scientific/engineering searches and literature reviews to support the development of technical analysis, emission analysis plans, model development plans, technical guidance, or public information on the environmental impact of mobile source emissions;
- Assist in delivering briefings and presentations comprised of technical, scientific, or engineering methods and analyses to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Advise on the modeling and quantification of mobile source emissions (criteria pollutants, air toxics and greenhouse gases) from vehicles and their fuels, including life-cycle analyses.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
For details on eligibility and qualifications, see the USAJOBS application.