U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to help people make smart decisions about the things that really matter. The 360 Reviews Video Production Intern will assist in the production of photo and video content to supplement 360 reviews. The 360 Reviews team operates as a startup within the larger U.S. News organization, giving it a fast-moving, innovative culture, along with the stability of an established and respected media company. The 360 video project is new, so interns will have real responsibilities and the opportunity to have a real impact on the development and direction of this U.S. News product. Due to the nature of video production, this position will require in-person time at our Washington, DC office.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Operate lighting, camera and sound equipment for high-quality video production
- Edit video to U.S. News standards
- Assist in the creation and implementation of video graphics
- Assist in set design and set up for video and photo shoots
- Track shots and scripts
- Other assorted production duties as needed
You should definitely have:
- Burning desire to help consumers and business make smart decisions
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video
- Experience operating video, sound and lighting equipment
- An eye for details
- The ability to troubleshoot on the fly
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in video graphic design (i.e. title cards, lower thirds, etc.)
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
This is a six-month internship that pays $15 per hour. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.