U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our ‘Best’ series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Are you up to the challenge?
You will be working in a fast-paced journalism environment where you will be depended on to help staff troubleshoot a variety of technical issues, select photos for editorial content and work on product launches. Your ability to solve problems quickly and juggle myriad responsibilities will be crucial to ensuring the team meets its goals.
As part of the job, you’ll:
- Produce Money, Health and Education articles
- Build Money, Health and Education slideshowsSelect and edit photos
- Update content on Money, Health and Education pages
- Monitor section pages for problems, and correct them if they exist
- Answer questions from team members about technical issues
- Create infographics to accompany stories or project launches
- Use video-editing platforms to build informative videos that support our content
- Pitch in with problems or special requests from team members
- Prepare content and page components in advance of project launches
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSYou should definitely have:
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS, Photoshop and basic web production tasks
- Experience using a CMS
- Detail-oriented approach and ability to be adaptable to new assignments and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google web apps, Slack or equivalent software
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- About 1-2 years of web production or related experience
It would be nice if you had:
- General understanding of U.S. News ranking projects
- Journalism experience, including editorial judgment and a familiarity with AP style
- Up-to-date knowledge on internet publishing and metrics, with an acute understanding of SEO
- An understanding of basic design principles and experience creating informative infographics
- Interest in money-related topics, especially credit cards and loans
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.