U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to play a pivotal role with U.S. News & World Report’s front line sales force in targeting, researching, and soliciting potential advertisers. The ideal candidate for this position will have 2 – 3 years of experience as a digital sales professional and must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to operate successfully in a team and customer service oriented environment. This Account Executive role is highly strategic, demanding a big picture thinker with a unique and conceptual approach to sales. The role is execution-oriented, requiring a hands-on, ambitious, “get-it-done” mentality. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, proven performer with a passion for selling U.S. News & World Report.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Generate a high volume of sales-related activity, including: cold calls, meetings, RFPs, and client entertaining.
- Target, solicit and secure new business by utilizing exemplary sales skills, networking ability, and media tools.
- Work across a variety of different internal groups to execute integrated solutions for the advertiser.
- Structure, negotiate and close complex and sophisticated deals involving top-level decision makers both within client and agency organizations.
- Interface continuously and work effectively with the company’s management creating solid internal relationships, bringing a “big picture” perspective to the business development effort as well as defining ongoing priorities and new opportunities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSYou should definitely have:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a digital sales professional
- Bachelor’s degree
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and the ability to operate successfully in a team and customer service-oriented environment.
- An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem. Solid relationships with key decision makers at the agency and brand levels
- A track record of opening new accounts and driving new business
- A reputation for being an enthusiastic, energetic, effective networker who enjoys the selling process and is committed to building relationships and adding credibility for the Company
- A strong customer focus coupled with a sense of urgency for the business, and a passion for delivering the highest level of client service
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close a deal
- Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to speak to a senior level audience with confidence.
- A solid working knowledge of media planning tools, Salesforce and Microsoft office
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with higher education institutions
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.