U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As a Product Manager in our Education Vertical, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to guide the development of products and services from conception to launch. A critical component of this position will be the ability to break down tasks into manageable steps that will enable US News to innovate and grow.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Support product development through the entire process including product definition through QA
- Analyze key metrics to understand product performance, including running A/B tests; analyze web business performance and identify growth levers using analytical tools
- Create hypothesis-driven tests to validate business optimization ideas; Analyze trends and work on predictive models with product and data teams
- Present findings to management and key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
- Collaborate with product management to make product and business decisions using data-driven insights and analyze the impact of product changes
- Monitor competition and work closely with UX/Design team
- Conduct user research to explore opportunities to improve user experience
- Support SEO team with special projects as requested
- Develop documentation of new product and features
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Math, Engineering, Finance or a similar major, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in product analytics and/or product management, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong analytical skills; ability to build a strong understanding of product metrics and business KPIs; ability to extract insights from data analysis and translate them into actionable takeaways
- Strong presentation skills; ability to build tables and visualizations to communicate takeaways to management and key stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality and detail
- Strong storytelling, communications, and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, SASS, Python)
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Google Analytics, JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent project management platforms
- Experience with user testing such as A/B testing and heat maps
- Experience working with lead generation
- Experience doing user research
- Working in an agile environment
- Experience using Salesforce
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job information:
- Applicants must submit a resume to be considered.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.