UCR ARTS (California Museum of Photography and Culver Center of the Arts) is recruiting docents (volunteer tour guides) to begin training in September 2021.
Docents will be trained to lead tours of our photography and contemporary art exhibitions that are conversational and interactive for school groups and all museum visitors. They will learn from museum curators, educators, and exhibiting artists. Applications are due June 18. We strongly recommend applicants attend an interest meeting listed below. More information and the application can be found here: https://ucrarts.ucr.edu/Page/volunteer
Docent Interest Meeting (Virtual on Zoom) // Wednesday, June 9 at 12:00-1:00pm: https://forms.gle/S1xbAfptTiDPGrMr6
Docent Interest Meeting (Virtual on Zoom) // Monday, June 14 at 6:00-7:00pm: https://forms.gle/X5rxUw1Btj41hWtf8
· Opportunities to learn more about art, photography, and the inner workings of a museum.
· Learn directly from curators and artists in behind-the-scenes tours and trainings.
· Gain volunteer museum education experience to enhance your resumé.
· Two free tickets to a film of your choice at the Culver Center for the 2021-2022 season.
· Volunteer appreciation events.
· Commit to attending required training sessions (approximately 5 in the fall and 5 in the spring)
· Commit to a minimum of two gallery shifts or two tours per month from September 2021-May 2022.
· Docents who would like to be involved for more than one year are strongly preferred!
· Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be dependable, have excellent customer service skills, and a desire to learn.
· Prior experience leading group conversations, public speaking, or teaching is preferred.
· A background in the arts is welcomed but not required! We look for applicants with diverse backgrounds.
DOCENT APPLICATION: https://forms.gle/DeGm1rzZgfC2HvDC7
Applications DUE June 18, 2021.