Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Prepares patient specimens for analysis and/or provide technical support for a specific clinical service or program.
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers and/or laboratory supervisor regarding specimen suitability, procedures, media preparation or instrument function checks.
2. Investigates and troubleshoots problems with equipment, procedures, specimens, reagents and/or workflow.
3. May assist in teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents, fellows, visiting scientists and/or new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of a specific clinical service or program.
5. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs specimen processing procedures. Provides quality control and equipment maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
- If Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Biological Science, no experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Lab Pathology
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.63
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No