HJF is seeking a Data Analyst I (COVID-19) to support the the Military Health System Response to COVID-19 project through the Center for Health Services Research (CHSR) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CHSR. U.S. citizenship required for this position.
The Military Health System Response to COVID-19 (MiHReC19) Project will investigate the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the Military Health System (MHS). The project will use a comprehensive Health Systems approach in order to maximize the translatable, actionable knowledge generated from the lessons learned. The Data Analyst will provide analytic support to researchers, clinicians, and other team members for the Military Health System Response to COVID-19 Project. They will ensure data quality and data integrity.
As part of the application process, two scientific writing samples must be submitted. Please be sure to include these along side your resume.
- Imports, cleans, transforms, validates and/or models data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making and public health purposes. (25%)
- Consults with researcher, clinicians, and end-users concerning the outline of data requirements. Assists in making data accessible to epidemiologists, scientists, physicians, programmers and other end users. Develops tables, figures, and written text of methods and findings. (30%)
- Tests data to identify data integrity issues. Responsible for the validity of data contained in a database file. (10%)
- Troubleshoots problems concerning database records and communicate with co-workers and end users of the system. (10%)
- Performs data archive procedures within established guidelines. (10%)
- Participates in data-related projects, including but not limited to data normalization, data maintenance, data research, data standardization, data product development, and data quality assurance. (15%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and application of data cleansing and migration techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and passion for analyzing data.
- Experience with data modelling and big data.
- Must have strong SAS, Excel and MS SQL skills.
- General knowledge of SPSS, R, and/or STATA software.
- Ability to investigate data issues and participate in remediation activities.
- Statistical and data analysis skills are a must to assist gathering and solving data quality issues.
- Ability to review detailed documents to validate data in operating systems.
- Experience in writing requirements.
- Excel MACROS experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with IDC9 and IDC10 coding.
- Must provide two writing samples.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required for this position.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 0-2 years of experience required for this position.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.