Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Office of the Director in the UN Division of Healthcare Management and Occupational Safety and Health (DHMOSH), Office of Support Operations (OSO), Department of Operational Support (DOS).
The Department of Operational Support (DOS) was established to provide end-to-end operational support, advisory services and other solutions to operating entities across the Secretariat, including departments, offices away from headquarters, peace operations, and regional commissions.
The Division of Healthcare Management and Occupational Safety and Health (DHMOSH) provides services to Secretariat entities as well as to New York-based Agencies, Funds, and Programmes (AFP). The services include medical entitlement administration, occupational safety and health, medical workforce management, clinical governance, UN System Medical Emergency Response Strategy, patient safety and public health. In addition, the Secretariat’s counselling services are located within DHMOSH.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time (five days per week), for a minimum duration of three (3) months and can be extended up to six (6) months. Interns work five days per week (35 hours).
Under the overall supervision of the Medical Director, the incumbent may have responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of critical health-related SOPs, plans and guidelines for the DHMOSH in UNHQ and field duty stations;
- Assist in coordinating CME training sessions for medical and administrative staff
- Assist in IT-related projects including preparing and analyzing health-related data from online surveys, and statistical and epidemiological review of DHMOSH data sets;
- Contribute to the monitoring of latest health policy developments relevant for DHMOSH;
- Assist in conducting research on other matters related to the work of DHMOSH;
- Provide assistance in preparing, proofreading grammar, reviewing style and editing official documents, ensuring accuracy and consistency;
- Conduct research, including document, medical and psychosocial policies, and internet searches;
- Assist with reporting, drafting and editing of content for print, web and multimedia, events and publications;
- Assist in organizing special events and meetings;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook) and Power Bi desirable;
- Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor