We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join our Development team to assist the Advancement Services team. Our Development team at the Clinic raises over $10M each year to provide access to comprehensive and quality health care to nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children. Be part of a passionate team that helps our shared community!
Interns will help support our annual fundraising campaigns, donor research and data management, donor stewardship, and general admin and operational duties. Individuals with an interest in fundraising, major giving, data analytics, and prospect research are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Schedule
This is an unpaid internship, but you may be eligible to earn college credit for your service hours. Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants must be able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours a week to assigned projects and be able to meet with their direct supervisor once a week online.
This internship will be remote.
· Research, verify, and analyze biographical, financial, and philanthropic information on individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects
· Monitor news on key corporate partners, nonprofit sector, volunteers, and prospects
· Assist with projects related to research, prospecting, and operations
· Ensure accurate maintenance of records and donor information
· Research donors in data base, prospect donors for major gifts and in-kind donations
· Support donor stewardship program by assisting with writing personalized card and notes to unmanaged donors, assisting in the execution of donor appreciation program, and other project support as needed
· Provide general administrative support
Applicants Should Meet the Following Qualifications
· Deadline and solution oriented
· Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
· Effective communication and presentation skills
· Ability to interact professionally with donors and team members
· Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive
· Familiarity with Salesforce a plus but not mandatory
Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and number of hours you can dedicate to work on projects per week) to Volunteer Services Manager Stephanie Barreiro, SBarreiro@mednet.ucla.edu.