The job conducts biographical and financial research on individuals, corporations, and/or foundations to support fundraising. Identifies prospective donors using research and analysis through use of standard procedures. Forecasts and measures the effectiveness of the fiscal year and overall campaign progress, which will help employees in the job acquire higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, assists in coordination of University leadership briefing materials to the prospect research team, as needed.
- Executes ad hoc requests or general questions to support University leadership, including Deans.
- Works with ARD colleagues to automate and streamline leadership documents to make drafting and updating process more efficient.
- Owner of CRM data that is incorporated into leadership briefings, and updates and maintains accuracy of this data.
- In close coordination with the Associate Director, develops University leadership travel and outreach lists to enhance individual meeting recommendations.
- Refines templates to capture complex relationships with top University-affiliated families.
- Identifies and implements process for relationship mapping of top prospects.
- Acts as secondary on large-scale projects supporting top University leadership.
- Proactively identifies individuals with whom the University should be forming relationships.
- Conducts audits and assists in maintaining data integrity, especially as it relates to the top of the prospect pyramid.
- Analyzes wealth indicators to assess philanthropic capacity of individual prospects. Collaborates with fundraisers to assist in developing cultivation and solicitation plans for key prospects.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance, including building networks within the University and with colleagues at peer institutions.
- Conducts prospect research, prospect management, strategic planning and market research on prospects and donors.
- Develops, maintains, and updates information on new and existing prospects, solving problems as they arise.