Accounting Entries Student Position for the Department of Emergency Medicine
Student assistant to help with basic accounting, data entry, data management for a busy academic department at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The position will start in-person originally and could have the option for remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with accounting and financial transactions, including but not limited to Purchase Orders, Payment Vouchers, IN’s and reimbursement requests.
Supports the department with other financial duties, including: deposits, billing, accounts payable, and account management, reviews monthly accounting activity on all contract accounts ensuring compliance with internal and external policies
Assists with data entry and data management for department incentive plans
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Capable of working remotely (if needed, due to the pandemic)
- 2 years of basic accounting coursework
- Completion of Intermediate accounting
- Master’s Degree Student or a 4th year undergraduate student in Accounting/Finance