UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
Working Title: Student Internship: Project Mgmt & Supply Chain
Gates Biomanufacturing Facility
Nature of Work
The University of Colorado Denver I Gates Biomanufacturing Facility at Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for Student Internship. The GBF is an academic mission-based cGMP contract manufacturing facility dedicated to the development and manufacture of novel biological therapies for human clinical trials. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will support the Program Management and Supply Chain organization with tasks related to optimizing the ERP system, Supply Chain processes, and Project Management tools. Tasks include, but not limited to, data collection, entry and analysis, spreadsheet/database creation, assisting with Supply Chain processes, and special projects for the Program Management team and the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility (GBF) at Anschutz Medical Campus.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. The university has proudly positioned itself as one of the top urban research universities in the country. The Gates Biomanufacturing Facility is one of the core facilities used to differentiate the university in both regenerative medicines as well as traditional biotech streams.
Student Intern; Business, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Engineering
This position will report to the Director of Program Management and Supply Chain, Gates Biomanufacturing Facility.
None. This position will not have direct reports.
Examples of Work Performed
• Support collection, quality review, and maintenance of master data for ERP system
• Create product analysis spreadsheet using purchasing information (dollars, qty, frequency, etc.) for consolidation of common parts, support product categorizations, cycle count program, etc.
• Assist in materials receiving, picking, stocking, and cycle counting, as needed.
• Assist with inventory cycle counting program.
• Creates data spreadsheets to analyze inventory and procurement trends.
• Create spreadsheets to support scheduling and capacity planning system
• Create data base/spreadsheet of project activities and assist in developing project pricing tool
• Assist in evaluating and creating spreadsheet characterizing GBF Materials
• Assists with special projects (such label printer implementation, project estimation tool, etc.)
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills. and Abilities:
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Detail oriented.
• Must possess a professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word).
• Personable, friendly, and able to work well under pressure,
• Excellent communication skills
• A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently in a start-up environment.
• Familiarity with the use office machines (e.g. printer, scanner, etc.).
• High School Education
• Good to excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft suite products
• Dependable and a good attitude
• Problem solving and basic math skills
• Interest in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, and/or Engineering
• Strong spreadsheet, data base skills, and flow charting software
• Experience working in an office, warehouse, or manufacturing environment
• Experience in a controlled or highly regulated industry