NATURE OF WORK
The PRA (Student) will support and collaborate on a multi-site randomized control trial (RCT) that seeks to assess the physiological mechanisms underlying Therapeutic Horseback Riding’s (THR) previously observed significant positive effects on ASD youth, particularly those with co-occurring psychiatric disorders, and to refine information on the durability, dose and sub-population effects of the intervention.
Graduate or undergraduate level student
The position will be under the supervision of Robin Gabriels, Psy.D. (Professor, Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Principal Investigator) and the Child Psychiatry Program Director (Melissa Sinclair).
The day-to-day operations co-supervisor of this position will be the study PRA coordinator (Hannah Christensen)
University of Colorado Denver: Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The PRA student will support Dr. Gabriels in her research and evaluation activities. An applicant that is independent and organized with strong collaboration and problem-solving skills would be most appropriate for this role.
- Assist with conducting subject screening evaluations, which include the informed consent/assent process and HIPAA as well as the administration of study screening assessments after being trained to administration and scoring reliability standards by Dr. Gabriels.
- Assist with language sample transcriptions and scoring of other study outcome measures as needed.
- Attend intervention sessions at the riding center to assist with collecting data and video taping 20% of all THR and BA sessions for fidelity coding
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of study binders, subject files, and other research materials as directed by the study PI and PRA coordinator
- Assist with data entry into the REDcap database.
- Attend study riding center operations meetings on a PRN basis.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Graduate or under-graduate-level student seeking degree in a psychology or child therapy related field. Needs to be able to commit at least 15 hours per week, up to 20 hours weekly.
SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION
Salary Range: $12.00-$15.00 per hour; up to 20 hours weekly
To apply click the green “Apply Externally” button.
Please submit your Resume/CV, a cover letter and list of 3 references