Student Assistant Position
SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT: Department of Ophthalmology/School of Medicine
SUPERVISOR: Dr. Tianjing Li
POSITION TITLE: Student Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.
POSITION PURPOSE: Successful candidates will participate in descriptive, exploratory or experimental research; contribute to publication activities, data collection, data management and/or data analysis; and/or embark upon independent research under the direction of a faculty member.
JOB DESCRIPTION: While a research assistant is expected to contribute in many ways to the research project, typical responsibilities include the following:
· Conduct literature reviews
· Collect and analyze data
· Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
· Prepare materials for Human Subjects Committee review
· Prepare interview questions
· Recruit and/or interview research participants
· Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of research participants, as necessary
· Summarize interviews
· Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
· Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
· Manage and respond to project related email
· Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
· Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
· Attend project meetings
· Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
· Summarize project results
· Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
· Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by individual researchers.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: This classification is reserved for graduate students who will be completing research related to their current degree path or to further develop their research skills. Students hired for these positions will possess the appropriated bachelor’s degree and advanced knowledge of the field of work.
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 1-year appointment, with possible extension for more years.
REMARKS: Work requirements and schedules must be discussed with the Supervisor to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished in the typical 0.2-0.50 FTE appointment.
PAY RANGE: $15.00-$28.37/hour
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications should include (1) an up-to-date curriculum vitae; (2) a cover letter that includes a brief statement of research interests and career plans (no more than 500 words).