Department: Department of Psychiatry
Supervisor/Reports to: Korrina Duffy
Position Purpose: The Student Assistant position is available to full-time and part-time students and is ideal for someone who needs a capstone project or unpaid internship as part of their program. The Department of Psychiatry’s Living History Archives project. Training is provided both in-person and online.
Job Description/ Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collecting and transporting materials donated to the Living History Archives
2. Sorting through materials saved by members of the department for inclusion in the online repository and history wall (e.g., newspaper clippings, research documents, books, photographs, letters)
3. Digitizing materials (primarily using a standard office scanner)
4. Organizing digitized materials
5. Conducting research (e.g., interviewing retired faculty) to ascertain context, importance, and meaning of materials (e.g., identifying people in photographs)
6. Writing a piece on the history of the department.
· Must be a current student taking at least 6 credit hours (undergraduate) or 3 credit hours (graduate)
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
· Must be dependable, professional, detail-oriented, flexible, organized, willing to learn, and able to multi-task
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally via telephone and email
· Must have transportation to the Anschutz Campus as a major part of this position requires in-person.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Comfortable working on a team and independently
- Archival or curation knowledge or experience is preferred
Length of Employment: Until the student graduates or completes the project
Remarks: The Student Assistant commits to showing up for work punctually, performing assigned tasks, following directions, taking initiative, checking work for thoroughness, paying attention to detail, and being interested in learning new skills. Reliability, confidentiality, and honesty are crucial character traits required for this job. Ideal candidates will be willing to work up to a maximum of 25 hours weekly (no more than 50 hours total in a biweekly pay period).
Pay Range: $15 an hour.
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter