Supervisor: Well-Being Support Line Supervisor (Amy Lopez)
Job Title: Well-Being Support Crisis Counselor – Student Assistant IV
Job Location: Remote – student can work from home or other location; if needed the student will be provided with a workspace on the AMC campus
Position Purpose: The student will work directly with the Well-Being Support program, which is designed to provide emotional support to essential workers through the COVID-19 pandemic. The student will work directly with callers, as well as provide support for research/evaluation of this program as needed.
• Monitor the e-mail box and respond to requests for support via call or text message
• Provide solution focused, brief crisis counseling to people who call in to the hotline
• Become trained in the Educator Support Model and provide 1:1 support for educators participating in this program
• Enter documentation in data management system
• Attend supervision for ongoing training or support needs
• Work with the supervisor around research or evaluation needs including working on literature reviews, analyzing qualitative data, or working with the team on manuscript submissions
• The student should have a background in social work, psychology, human services, education, nursing, medicine, or other education-related to working directly with people in crisis
• The student should have some experience in understanding crisis counseling work (training will also be provided)
• Ability to work independently, including managing crisis calls.
Length of Employment: The grant is funded from 7/1/2021 -12/27/2021
Pay Range: $15.55 – $17.60