UPMC Children’s Hospital is hiring a part-time Nuclear Med Technologist!
This role will work varied daylight shifts as needed by the department. This will include weekdays, weekends and some holiday responsibilities shifts with on-call opportunities. If you are an experienced imaging professional looking to pick up extra hours, this could be your opportunity!
Sign-on Bonus Details:
- $3,000 for 2 years
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Maintains appropriate records of the receipt, use and disposal of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Calculates, measures and records patient dose according to departmental policy and Radiation Safety Guidelines.
- Competently performs nuclear medicine exam at a high level of proficiency producing technically optimal results.
- Performs all quality control checks on imaging and non-imaging equipment to ensure proper performance and functioning.
Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology Program required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT(N) or CNMT registry or registry eligible Must obtain registry within 12 months of hire
CPR or BLS RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.