*To obtain a Work-Study position, individuals must complete the University of Redlands Student Employment Process*
Harvest Table Culinary Group, at its core, is a group of culinarians dedicated to transforming the freshest local and sustainably sourced ingredients into authentic food experiences for all of its guests at The University of Redlands.
Are you a service-focused individual with culinary technique seeking employment in Higher Education? Share your smile, enthusiasm, and kitchen skills with the diverse students, faculty, and staff of University of Redlands. Harvest Table Culinary Group is hiring and eager to grow individuals at all career levels ranging from student, entry, intermediate and experienced positions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting Pay $14 – $14.75 per hour
- Free meals prepared daily by the culinary team
- Flexible hours (10 hours max per week)
- Nationwide employee discounts and reward programs for local restaurants, concerts, hotels, rental cars, theme parks and more
- A company culture to be proud of inside and outside of work. Company parties and recognition programs to keep morale high
- Uniform provided, including slip resistant shoes
The Student Food Service Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Sets up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes work stations
- Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
- Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous food service experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
Harvest Table Culinary Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be a division of an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, citizenship, or veteran status.