*To obtain a Work-Study position, individuals must complete the University of Redlands Student Employment Process*
Harvest Table Culinary Group, at its core, is a group of culinarians dedicated to transforming the freshest local and sustainably sourced ingredients into authentic food experiences for all of its guests at The University of Redlands.
Are you a service-focused individual with culinary technique seeking employment in Higher Education? Share your smile, enthusiasm, and kitchen skills with the diverse students, faculty, and staff of University of Redlands. Harvest Table Culinary Group is hiring and eager to grow individuals at all career levels ranging from student, entry, intermediate and experienced positions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting Pay $14 – $14.75 per hour
- Free meals prepared daily by the culinary team
- Flexible Hours (10 hours max per week)
- Nationwide employee discounts and reward programs for local restaurants, concerts, hotels, rental cars, theme parks and more
- A company culture to be proud of inside and outside of work. Company parties and recognition programs to keep morale high
- Uniform provided, including slip resistant shoes
Position Summary: The Student Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Cooks and prepares a variety of pizza doughs, crusts, sauces, and toppings according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
Harvest Table Culinary Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be a division of an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, citizenship, or veteran status.